Monday, September 30, 2013

It's MONDAY!

Renovations are fun!  Said no one ever.  Unless they said it with a long, drawn face covered in tile dust in the driest voice ever.  I should be posting the newly installed bathroom cabinets.  The custom cabinetry I spent months selecting and based all bathroom timing upon. There was a mix up - an error - a little goof.  Someone measured wrong.  Measure twice, cut once is the old saying.  And these nincompoops flipped tradition the bird and went ahead and ordered the 5 week lead time cabinetry incorrectly.  So now we wait.  I've been assured it's been "rushed" and they will be in touch when they have an eta on it's arrival.  We'll just chalk that one up next to the Pella window with a 3 week lead time which came in wrong last week.  How about some positive news?  Here is a picture of the tile work to swoon over.

Le Tile.  Le Dope.
Ever been to C. Wonder?  Tory Burch's jilted ex-husband's new retail store?  If not, you should.  The clothes are more J. Crew than the resort feel of Tory's.  Price point is about in line with J. Crew.  The clothes are def more 30+ year old than 20 something year old.  I bought a dress there this year I am happy with, but most of the other clothes I could take or leave.  It's the home goods that are too die for. Melamine everywhere.  Acrylic.  Gold plated.  Monograms vomited on everything.  Love it.  In preparation for the new bathroom unveiling I bought myself this cute little dish to throw my earrings and rings in.  One day it shall sit upon the vanity. Until then it will lay in wait for it's debut.

$12 can't be beat.
 Palmer turned 10 months a week ago.  I'll get to his picture before he's 11 months.  For now, I shall show him in his natural man state.  In his chair.  In front of the t.v.

I said I'd never be that mom who let their kid watch too much t.v.
Baby Einstein and 30 minutes of quiet can't be wrong!

It was a chilly morning for swim today.

So he was rewarded with more chair time.  Or was that my reward?

The one a day nap time routine is still in the works.  I had to lower my expectations and not shoot for the 1pm nap time right away.  Palmer was not ready for 6+ hours of awake time prior to a nap.  I went with 11:30am today and he passed out before I made it to the kitchen to check the monitor.  Think I nailed it.  It's 1:53pm right now and he is still snoozing.  I felt confident right out of the gate and took the time to bake.  

New nap schedule = Mom bakes fresh bread

 I've finally mastered the art of baby appropriate portions.  Took some time to adjust, but after eating so many throwing away so many leftovers I got the hang of it.


Don't judge me.  It's organic-antiobiotic free-gluten free.

No comments:

Post a Comment

PRESS