Monday, April 29, 2013

5 Months & We Finally Bid Adieu

Not his best face - but the best we could get with this busy bee

I'm starting to see Pete a little more these days!

He loves a ball

Wouldn't take his eyes off it

I feel like the ball use to dominate him.  Not so much anymore.


He is very eager to start moving.  He's just waiting on those biceps to bulk up.

Play time in the yard is his favorite.  Those baby blues need the shades to stay open, though.

@ our friend Nina's baby shower with Parker! Play time where he decided to show off he
knew how to sit with all the big boys:)

Stroller time: makes for a happy or sleepy baby

It finally happened.  I got the nerve to say goodbye to my little nugget and take a weekend trip with Pete.  I always say, "Oh, I'm so tired. I just need a break!" or "If I could just get 5 minutes to myself!"  And then someone gives me the opportunity for a break.  And then I cry I like a baby.  Turns out the time away sounds good in theory, but my heart ached to be with my little man.  Being a mom is so much more physical than I ever would have ever imagined.  Motherhood is definitely in your DNA.  There is no running from it.  We did however manage to enjoy ourselves.  We were invited to Savannah for Liberty Legends of Golf Tournament.  My mom graciously offered to watch Palmer while we were away.  I was very thankful to have her watching him.  It helped me not panic quite as elaborately put my heart at ease.  Savannah is different than I'd imagined.  It was charming, but in the Louisiana-sort-of-way.  Not the Charleston-romantic-sort-of-way.  I loved all the history, the countless town squares, and the chance to sneak a peek at some of the historic homes.  Our evenings were action packed with elaborate dinners, live music from the most eccentric cover band ever and a concert with Jo Dee Messina and Lonestar.  Needless to say, while sitting front row surrounded by insurance professionals, I was the only one belting out the tunes and answering back the musicians when they put the mic out to the crowd.  It was highly embarrassing for the musicians entertaining.  Although things took a dramatic turn when Jo Dee Messina closed with Journey...

Video of Jo Dee & crowd during "Don't Stop Believing"

If you don't have the Vine app yet, you MUST get it.  Thanks to my niece Deme for introducing me.  I'm officially obsessed. 

I am also currently obsessed with the app 8mm thanks to a recent Vanity Fair article.  You can record (or change current videos) to look like they were filmed with old time cameras.  It's a whopping $1.99 and doesn't suck!

Video of kick off dinner before the concert. 

Video using 8mm of ferry ride from the Westin to downtown Savannah.

And just for mom's amusement giggles, here's baby Palmer trying to eat an avocado.  

I'm far from a profesh at the app yet.  These were my first go's at it.  I know it can do way cooler things.  Hence, I will force baby Palmer to be my test subject while learning.




2 comments:

  1. Hi there would you mind letting me know which webhost you're using? I've loaded your blog in 3 different browsers and
    I must say this blog loads a lot faster then most. Can you suggest
    a good web hosting provider at a honest price?
    Thanks, I appreciate it!

    Feel free to surf to my page ... vertical leap exercises

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there would you mind letting me know which webhost
    you're using? I've loaded your blog in 3 different browsers
    and I must say this blog loads a lot faster then most.
    Can you suggest a good web hosting provider at a honest price?
    Thanks, I appreciate it!

    My web-site vertical leap exercises

    ReplyDelete

PRESS