Thursday, November 21, 2013

Special Gifts, Christmas Attire & Remembering Labor

Baptism gifts are sweet and sentimental.  Palmer stocked up on silver on his special day.

Silver cup from Godmother Lindsay and Grammy bought a baby brush and comb set

He also received a darling silver scroll holder for his baptism certificate from our friend Erin.  That is not pictured as Palmer has decided it should be added to his personal collection of odd teething toys.  (Sorry, Erin!  I will shine it up real nice when he is done with it:)

Pete & I bought him his first devotional.  I love my women's devotional and
I hope to encourage him in His Word daily.

The sweetest nativity set.  Palmer has a special fondness for Baby Jesus.  As in seeing
how many different ways he can make him fall off things or whip him across the room. 

These pj's.  I mean, com on.
 I wanted to use his precious christening outfit for Christmas.  We will be in Chicago and his nieces will be in winter white with red cardigans.  It would have been the perfect match to their ensembles resulting in over the top cute pictures.  Alas, my OCD would not allow for the baby blue lettering to pass.  So once again Etsy came to the rescue with white corduroy john-johns and a peter pan collar.

I will not be able to keep my lips off him.
Did you know today is Palmer's first birthday!!  We marched in his room shouting Happy Birthday this morning.  Promptly made him a first class birthday breakfast which is swiftly discarded onto the floor.  Those teeth are really hampering our birthday festivities!  Pete and I reminisced at about 7 am this morning how I'd been in labor for about 33 hours with about 10 more to go.  At this particular moment we would have been in what you would call hell.  Drug free, pitocin labor is no cake walk.  But let's not focus on the bad, let's remember the good.

Surprised I took my eyes off him to look at the camera for a picture. 


I'll give him a proper post once his birthday festivities are concluded today.  First stop, Sea World!

No comments:

Post a Comment

PRESS