Monday, September 2, 2013

1988 Called. They're Taking Back Their Master Bathroom.

As if dreaming of baby #2 wasn't wild enough, I've decided to prove to myself I am completely bonkers by moving ahead with our forever delayed master bathroom renovation.  I successfully put a halt to the destruction once I got pregnant and had had enough contractors in my space while trying to nap during the guest bathroom renovation.  You remember the Green Monster?  The time has come to say goodbye to the not-yet-vintage vibe of our master en suite.  Now instead of contractors interrupting my nap time, they will be jackhammering through Palmer's.  

Here's a glimpse into the beauty.  You'll see in the tub Palmer's very own duck pool from his Auntie Courtney.  It's a hot spot for afternoon splish-splashing when the weather isn't cooperating for pool time.  The tub itself has never been used.  Except by Palmer's cousin Lila.  She so lovingly placed Mickey Mouse stickers in the tub 2 years ago and there they have remained.

Our very own mauve marble and crystal chandelier

White lacquer cabinets are showcased at night by under mount lights (straight disco style)
The chandelier is the first thing going - I think I'll rip that monstrosity out myself.  Then it's all out chaos from there.  Closing up both windows, adding a new.  Flip flopping tub and shower placement.  It's going to be a zoo.  We will be ousted from our bath for approximately 3 weeks (so says the contractor).  So I am hoping to be in there before Christmas! HA!  The demo starts tomorrow.  My blood pressure is high.  And poor baby P doesn't know what's coming.  Happy Labor Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

PRESS