Sunday, November 24, 2013

The Final Chapter of the Palmer Festivities

We did it!!  We officially celebrated Palmer's first year of life with our friends and family.  Palmer was spoiled beyond excess.  The party was a lot more tame than last week as we had about half the attendance.  That unfortunately translated into no pool grape toss, chicken fights or arm wrestling.  On the bright side he had his best buddies and plenty of new toys to keep him busy.


This is the only picture I got of him and I together.
Worst mom of the year award.

The main table.  Parting gifts on the left.  Toddler snack trays on the right.

Festive baby

The smash cake. 
Mini gum ball machines.  What kid doesn't love that as a party favor?!

Sweet and simple.
Table 2.

More snack trays, straight sugar sticks (you're welcome Mom's and Dad's) and fun glasses

Gramma got me a walker.

And I decided walking was a no brainer with this little lion.

The candles!!! Which were never lit for obvious reasons.

So this is a smash cake....

You want me to do what?

Eh....it's sticking to my fingers... 

I hate this.  I'm going to cry in 2 seconds if no one gets this **ish** off my hands. 

The smash cake was a failure.  I smooshed his hand in it and he cried.  And then it was over.

So I got to get some pants on and went inside to play.

And then all 24lbs of stud (with chicken pox vaccine war wound) was happy.

I was pleased to show off how much of a natural walker I was.  Unknown to Mom or Dad I'd been practicing in my crib.

I played peek-a-boo with Grampa Wayne

And then tried to pick his nose through the glass.

Played peek-a-boo around the couch.  I mean, what 1 year old can't get enough peek-a-boo.  Just hide!  All of you!

Got to love on my new beanie baby Cookie the Dog. 

My buddy Parker was there with his Mom Amy.

He took on my John Deere.  He's a surfer so this was new terrain for him. 

My buddy Brax loved my new rocking horse.  He put on quite
the show and broke her right in for me.

To be honest my favorite part might have been the blueberries in the snack tray.

Oh...I ate about 192 of them.

Mom had to throw away my pj's the next morning.   Joke was on her!

And here is my less than 2 minute movie montage of the day....





No comments:

Post a Comment

PRESS