Wednesday, December 4, 2013

London Calls

We've aced baptism, birthday party and a Thanksgiving feast.  The next item waiting for a check mark is London!  In 3 short days we will be headed for a winter experience in London town.  Excitement does not begin to describe the emotion that races through my body when I pause for a second to imagine us there.  To be honest, there hasn't been many pauses in my days to ponder this magnificent journey.  It feels as though my best friend is getting ready to go on this trip and I will only enjoy cheeky snippets of her travels via text.  I think the reality will set in once the plane starts ascending.  Or we could be real honest and say the reality will set in the second I shut the door to my car en route to the airport and I start sobbing because of how much I'm going to miss Palmer.  I am beyond happy for Pete and I to have this trip together, but leaving the little mister is going to tear my little heart out.  I know how the story goes, I'll be miserable, Grammy will be sending me texts and pictures of all their fun adventures, and I'll finally let myself have a great time.  How can you not have a great time in London?!  (No, that is not a dare my dear friend Fate)

I didn't take many pictures for Thanksgiving.  We were supposed to host and then my mom had an unexpected stay in the hospital so we moved Thanksgiving to my dad's to be closer to my mom. She ended up making it home the night before Thanksgiving but she needed to stay home and rest so traveling to Orlando for an hour wasn't an option.  My dad and step mom were the host with the most.  We all enjoyed lots of family time and the standard American over eating.  But wrangling a one year old when he's in an unfamiliar territory does not allow for great photo ops.  I managed to squeak in these few.

At Gramma's house.

Admiring this beauty.

And loving all over Mister the dog.

At Grampa Wayne's.  I need to stop hunching over.  

This time tomorrow I will be in full stalker mode of my front porch.  I finally ordered a real "I'm-over-the-top-obsessed-with-my-child" camera and lens.  They should arrive at an undisclosed time tomorrow.  I'm in a dead panic.  I am going to drive Pete and Palmer crazy for the following 24 hours practicing with the camera to prepare for London.  Until then, here's the latest from my iPhone.

The tree!  That stupid fish ornament sure does stick out.  (Thanks Uncle Matt!)

The boys playing in their tent.

Baby blues stealing my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

PRESS