Monday, November 4, 2013

Humpty Dumpty Had a Great Fall

Actually, it wasn't Humpty.  It was Palmer.  And he didn't fall.  His closet doors did.  On his face.

This was in the ER on Friday

This was Saturday night in the bath.  Healing at warp speed.

Here he is this morning with Ivey, the hottest 1 year old on the block.

You can tell from the last picture he is making a strong recovery.  You can't see the bruises and nose swelling in the picture but he is still black and blue, but healing so fast.  It was a freak accident.  Somehow his wooden closet doors, which were not installed - just leaning against the wall, fell on him while he was sitting in the middle of his room.  I was opening the blinds with my back to him when I heard the whack.  It was terrifying.  He was laying on the ground with the doors on top of him screaming.  My first thought was, "Thank you, Jesus, he didn't get knocked out."  While the crying was  heartbreaking it meant he was conscious.  He was bleeding pretty heavily from his mouth and his face just started swelling.  I tried Pete's cell, no answer.  I tried my friend Susan who lives down the street. She picked up, I said I need you to come take me to the doctor immediately.  She didn't ask questions, just jumped in the car and came to my rescue.  Thank God for great friends.  I held Palmer in the back seat and I called my pediatrician.  They directed me to go straight to the ER.  It was a terrifying ordeal which resulted in a CAT scan where Pete had to hold Palmer's head completely still for 5 minutes.  Everything turned out okay and our little champ is making a full recovery.

In other news, Palmer's baptism is in two weeks, his birthday party in 3 weeks, countertops are being installed tomorrow in the never-ending-renovation and the blog hit 10,001 views today.  Boom.

2 comments:

  1. My poor little guy...Gramma loves you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing worse than seeing your child in pain. Even at 28, it's tough to see.. so happy he is feelung better!!

    ReplyDelete

PRESS