Monday, December 16, 2013

That Dream Where You Go To London and Get Spoiled Rotten

I'm counting my lucky stars it was not a dream!  London happened, flights weren't cancelled, Palmer didn't have an E.R. trip, we didn't forget to book a ticket.  We were there.  And we had fun.  I took 126 pictures.  Some have said that is far to few.  I feel having to interrupt my experience any more than 126 times would have been far to many.  London was an experience and I was trying my damndest to be present for it.  No small task when your sweet little baby boy is thousands of miles away from you every morning and night.  It was over the top.  We were spoiled far beyond what we deserved.  Honestly, I could've called it a vacation once we were on board the plane.  Flying overseas with a bed, alone with your husband, with service out the wahoo was one of the best gifts I could've received.  Then pile on the driver waiting for us off the plane, the sight seeing, the room service, the in room massage, the high tea, and the British shopping (can anyone say Harrod's?!) and you've got yourself a full blown spoiling.  Barring listing all 126 pictures, here are my highlights.

Our hotel.  Over. The. Top. 

Where we woke up.  Without having to immediately serve your child.


Breakfast in bed.

The Tate Museum.  Tons of Picasso.  Big ones.

Ceiling in St. Paul's Cathedral.  Took the picture before realizing that's a no-no.
Don't worry they reminded pretty darn fast.

Eating at a Michelin rated restaurant with hand written menus signed by the chef

Princess Margaret's caftan.  I am on a mission to have one made for myself.
Just need to pencil in a caribbean vacation to don it.

Queen Victoria & Prince Albert's love story.  Stole my heart.

Passing this flower stand every day leaving the hotel.

Time with my husband.

Time with my husband.

Time with my husband.

Happiness.

And one of THE best parts of the journey, was returning home to Palmer.  As every mom would say, he really did grow so much in 5 days!  

He's a mover and a shaker.

He is growing at warp speed.

And loves him some bubbles.  Even trying to lick them off the floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

PRESS