Wednesday, October 16, 2013

They Call This Progress

No.  Not the bathroom.  That is in a constant state of limbo as we wait for all the redo's to be redone.  I am talking about sleep training!  I venture to say we have found the number.  The lucky number is 12 noon.  Two days in a row we have 2.5 hr naps at 12 noon.  If we score a third day I will dare declare success.  It has been such a roller coaster trying to figure out this one nap.  I hope we've done it.  For poor baby Palmer's sake and my sanity.  I hope we battled through this transition and have a new routine to slip into on the horizon.  And as if to encourage me along our journey, Palmer crawled into his room while I was making his lunch, grabbed Mr. Giraffe and laid on the floor.  When I walked in his room to find him he was pointing at his crib repeatedly.  By George, I think he's got it!

In Halloween news... Palmer was the sherriff of "Boo-Hill" this week.

In all his cotton-pickin' glory
 Bay Hill has an annual pumpkin patch where all the kiddos can go pick a pumpkin to carve and eat off a buffet filled with corn dogs, pretzels and other fried fare fit for all the goblins and monsters.  This picture was taken about 4:30.  We had yet "nailed" the noon nap so this was a fortuitous break in crankiness to allow me to capture his first Halloween.  We were at the patch for all of about 5 minutes.  He was in bed about 10 minutes after we left with an instant pass out.  

Sorry Palmer

Mr. Palmer also has figured out how to do this.  I put him down to grab his jammies after his bath and he instantly took off.  I go off to find him and first find the diaper.  Then the naked bunnos staring me right in the face.  It's cute the first time.  When there's poop in there I assure you there won't be a giggle escaping my lips.  

In home news, I've hung 12x12 matted frames around the perimeter of Palmer's play room.  One has an embroidered tea towel with the city of Chicago's attractions.  Another has a map of the lakes of Wisconsin were the Doyle's fish, vacation and lolly-gag.  I have about 6 others to fill.  As Palmer has yet to master holding a crayon, I commissioned these following prints from my friend Susan's daughter.  That's a giraffe (obvious choice) and Nibbles (some furry creature her daughter has as a "pet").   I think these beat any print I could ever buy.  We have a zebra, lion and elephant in the works from my friend Erin's children.  Who needs Monet when you can have a LaTorre?

Local artist Brylin LaTorre (age 7) of Bay Hill

6 new throw pillows for the sectional of all sectionals.  This picture screams buy a real camera!

And because I can't do anything else on the bathroom I've moved onto the fireplace. 
 
Dark Grey por favor


No comments:

Post a Comment

PRESS