Monday, November 5, 2012

Counting the Days

Can it be?!  As of today we have only 27 days remaining until our due date?  Although our doula let us know that the average first time mom carries 41 weeks and 3 days...sooo we may be cooking this bun a little longer than 27 days in this oven, but either way it is coming quickly!  I have a mixture of emotions as this journey nears its end.  There is an overwhelming joy/excitement to meet our son or daughter, combined with a bittersweet feeling about the ending of the pregnancy.  I know, I know...women are screaming at me - "Just wait - you're gonna want that thing out of you!" But honestly, this is such an amazing miracle!  Spending everyday with my little baby growing inside me; kicking and squirming; making me feel love without ever seeing his or her face - it's the most miraculous thing I've ever experienced in life.  Yes, I'm swollen (pre pregnancy wedding ring size: 4.5 - pregnant wedding ring size: 7!), my back aches, there are pains in muscles I didn't even know existed and a plethora of other pregnancy symptoms not appropriate to write about, but I wouldn't trade one second of those pains!  I know that every symptom is a result of Pete and my love growing inside of me.  (Okay, so maybe another symptom would be a tad more emotional;)  This is by far the most fantastic experience of my life!

Pete inspired the board - he wanted to celebrate ND's win

Bay Hill held it's annual holiday fashion show - I did my best to squeeze into one of my maternity dresses that still kinda sorta fit...

Fall Preggo Fashion!  Making the most of this last month where I'm really "blossoming" all over:)


No comments:

Post a Comment

PRESS