Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Maternity Photo Shoot Planning

So I've caved - I'm doing it!  I've been told by too many mommies I'll regret not taking a few professional maternity photos.   I have a great opportunity through Heart to Heart Birth Center (where we are delivering Baby D) to work with Brown Eyed Girl Images at a discounted rate.  So this weekend I'm doing a maternity mini-session!  I always get awkward when having professionals take my picture.  The whole, "Look in each others eyes...tilt your head to the left...now lean in for the kiss..."  turns me into a pre-teen, giggly girl.  And I am much more a fan of the shots taken at random than of posed pictures.  In an effort to get the most of what I would envision of a maternity shoot, I've done some digging and found a few maternity shots I think are darling.

I might add a pearl necklace to this shot

This girl has an amazing newborn photo shoot I'm probably going to be "inspired" by as well

Love. 
Stunning.

And here are a few of the pieces I've managed to pick up to help recreate these images.

The shirt has slits up the sides so the Baby D can peek out 
This is a ridic DVF dress/caftan that I found at Nordstrom Rack

This is a little pj I have that might drapes nicely over Baby D - may include it in the shoot
The photographer will be here 11:30 on Saturday!  We're going to use our wedding pictures as a little inspiration, too.  Maybe recreate the one with Pete and I with the ivy wall...and maybe me in the doorway of the house.  So many options!  Can't wait to see how they turn out - I just need to put my professional face on and not act like a 12 year old girl when getting my picture taken!

No comments:

Post a Comment

PRESS