Friday, May 9, 2014

May is My Month

May is my month of birth.  May is Mother's Day.  (Let's not forget we just had our anniversary in April!) May has turned into my month.  Lot's of pressure for Pete which usually works out in my favor.  This happened:

While I was doing my hair and makeup, with no idea what to wear since I had no idea where we were going, Pete pops in the bathroom and says, "You can wear your pajama's if you want to.  Your surprise is here."  I was thrilled to find out we were having a chef prepared dinner at home.  Jay of La Famiglia Foods does not disappoint.  He catered Palmer's baptism at the end of last year and Pete was brilliant to bring him in for my birthday dinner.  

The wizard making lemon and pea risotto.

Do you see those scallops?!
 There was a starter salad with a homemade blueberry vinaigrette dressing (from blueberries he and his wife had picked recently!), the main course of scallops with the lemon and pea risotto and a finale of homemade sweetened ricotta with blueberry compote.  WOW.  I didn't get through much of the dessert as I was filled to the brim with risotto.  Thankfully he left a nice stash of it in our refrigerator. Having dinner relaxed with your hubby in your own home with the entertainment of a great chef was the perfect way to spend our night.  A little Michael Kors bracelet and some new sperry's for our upcoming Seaside 4th of July vacation didn't hurt the evening either :)

4 stars to Pete for the night!
Last night we went out with our gang to our go-to dinner spot, Roy's.  There's always an over abundance of food and laughter when we all get together there.  It was much needed time together and so much fun!  We weren't only celebrating my birthday, but our newest Bay Hill additions Jane and Jim were in the mix for Jim's birthday as well!

Going to miss my BHB's

<3

I took one of the chocolate lava cakes all to myself...it's my birthday and I'll be a fat kid if I want to

And we've still got Mother's Day ahead!  I highly recommend everyone trying to plan anniversary's and other holidays clumped together as it leads to a feeling of never ending fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

PRESS