Sunday, December 23, 2012

1 Month Milestone for P Diddy

We did it!  We survived the first 30 days!  Wow.  This little peanut eats about every 3 hours - sometimes 2 - at nighttime he can be amazing and give us 5 straight.  All that sleep everyone told me to stock up on pre-baby arrival has not helped...I have had to nap frequently throughout the day to keep pace with Mr. Palmer.  Add in a huge battle with reflux, the most amazing amount of gas I've every seen in one tiny package and mommy/daddy who are learning as they go and you've got yourself quite an adventure.  And if you asked Pete or myself at 3 a.m. how we felt, we would tell you crazy in love with this little guy and wouldn't trade a wink of sleep for time with him.  It is truly amazing how a child can change you so drastically.  I do wish we could get out of the house a bit quicker...took us about 2 hours to try and leave for a Christmas party yesterday.  But I know we will look back fondly at this time...or at least we can laugh about how thankful we are that God created vacuums.

To capture his 1 month milestone, I doctored up this cute little photo.  This was not the intended pose/outfit, but for now, it will do.  The "photo shoot" I tried to nail on my own went a bit awry.  Let's just say there were about 50+ photos taken and in almost every one he looks like I'm torturing him.  We will try again in a day or two when Mom has a bit more sleep and patience:)

Dad bought me a bunch of ND and Bears gear (he couldn't wait 'til Christmas so he already gave it to me)

Here's a rough shot of what we were going for.
Hopefully we will redo this sans paci and better positioning and a smile! 
Palmer did have a real photo shoot!  We asked Monique from Brown Eyed Girl Images who did my maternity pics to capture Mr. Doyle in all his newborn splendor.  Can't wait to see how they turned out.  We even took a few with us...and maybe one fun one with Pete in his Christmas pants holding Palmer who looked equally as festive;)
There were some tricky moves to get this sleep to happen!
 And I've finally started scouring the web for adorable baby boy clothes.  I needed some warm pieces for our trip to Chicago in February for his Sip n' See.  I have been less than impressed with the selection of stylish gear for little boys.  I have found a few pieces I love so far, including this adorable coat which Palmer wore to dinner at a friends.

The shopping has begun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

PRESS