Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Let the baby shower prep begin!

My yearning for some craftiness has finally found an outlet!  The impending baby shower.  Okay, so my Florida shower isn't until October 13th, but with so many ideas it's time to get cracking.  First up, a pennant for decorating the main table at the shower.  

I found a quick and easy DIY tutorial here.  And this is how my pennant came together:

First I traced a template on all my fabric

Then I sewed the long sides of the pennant together, snipped the point off the bottom
and turned them inside out.

I ironed a grosgrain ribbon in half and pinned the pennants 3" apart.
Finally I sewed the top of the ribbon to secure the pennant.
And "Voila!"  Instant party ready pennant!

This will likely find it's permanent home in Baby Doyle's play room post-party

No comments:

Post a Comment

PRESS