Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Why Buy It When You Can Build It

I don't know what you've been up to lately, but Pete and I have really been busy.  We went from, "Let's make this Atlanta move as simple as possible and buy a completely move-in ready home." To, "We are way to picky, let's just build our own house!"  Wow.  We are officially the owners of Lot 48 in Lake Haven of Crabapple (doesn't that name just ooze all things Georgia?).  I fly up next week for some big time decisions with the architect and designer.  No big deal taking on this minor task as I have a budding 17 month old boy and a bundle of joy on the way.  Closing date is August 15th.  Due date is August 7th.  Interesting timing, wouldn't you say?  

Here she is.  Looks pretty, daunting wouldn't you say?

The current plan is to stay put until a buyer of our homes forces us to make a decision otherwise.  So dear sweet baby Jesus, let's have a buyer who's looking to close in August.  One way or the other this new bambino will be birthed, somewhere in America.  Our family will survive the move and I will not lose my mind.  I will not lose my mind.  I will not lose my mind... oh, sorry, just working on my new meditation mantra;)  Kidding, kidding!  Forever grateful for all my blessings.  Now let's recap some recent instagram fav's and Easter highlights (and by Easter highlights, I mean doing my best not upload all 88 photos I took because I think Palmer looked so stinking cute in Pete's old outfit from his first birthday!)

Sometimes his swag can't help but shine.  Even with no pants.

Ivey showing the boys how to do the robot.  She really does have a hidden talent there.

Looking like the hubby while itching to get swinging.

Visiting Gramma and Mister the dog on a beautiful afternoon.

Getting aggravated at Ma because I didn't pull over fast enough to put on his sunglasses.
He's obviously well equipped to do that himself.

And now I shall Easter vomit all over you.


Blocking the belly with the bunny.  Clever, Heather's sub conscious. 

That was Pete's 1st birthday outfit!  I have a picture of Pete in it and he
actually gives Palmer a run for his money in the adorableness department.  

So I thought I had hidden the eggs expertly. 

But much like the 1st birthday cake smash, I quickly forgot about Mr. Clean's OCD.
As Grampa said, that boy ain't made for the farm.

My nephew Xander joined the Easter fun.  He always entertains Palmer.  Don't mind that face bandage,
just your regular, every day, run of the mill sword fighting injury.

I spent the best $10 ever on a bubble machine.

Somehow the boys found more pleasure trying to eat the bubbles than pop them.

Finally, the sweetest gift at the party.  Sweet baby Alorah in all her 4 week old glory with her Momma.  And by 4 week old glory, I mean she's naked because she just had a massive blowout all over her Easter outfit.  Perfection.

Palmer was entranced with the baby.  Look out little baby Palmer, you've got one of those
pooping machines headed your way in T-minus 15 weeks.

This is what the morning after looks like.  Who can deny a baby boy at
7am following you around with Easter basket saying, "Hunt.  Hunt."

1 comment:

  1. If you are petite, expect to have to have dresses bought online fitted, but that would be the only thing, I didn't even need to wear a corset underneath.

    ReplyDelete

PRESS